Is penis enlargement surgery right for you?
Why Penis Enlargement?
By some accounts, 30-45% of men are unhappy with their penis size.
Culturally, men have typically placed importance on the size of their penises, associating larger size with virility or strength. And even though we know a large penis size doesn’t make the man, it can make the man happier.
Ancient men went to extreme or dangerous lengths to enhance their penile size or shape. Modern men, thank goodness, have a safe and innovative option with the Penuma penile enlargement procedure.
What Is Penuma?
Penuma is a penile enhancement implant made of medical-grade silicone – the first of its kind to be FDA-cleared for cosmetic surgery. It’s a curved silicone sleeve that is designed to be natural looking and feeling while increasing penis girth (flaccid and erect) and flaccid length (Individual results may vary).
Many patients report their partners don’t notice the implant is there if they hadn’t seen the penis before the implant was placed.
Penuma has helped thousands of men with penile enlargement, with few adverse reactions and high satisfaction levels in both patients and their partners, according to a published, multi-year study. Patients often report a significant boost to their self-confidence after increasing the size of their penis.
Penuma can also be used to help with:
- buried penis
- mild to moderate curvature
It’s also an option if you’re unhappy with the appearance and size of your penis.
How Does Penuma Penis Enlargement Surgery Work?
Penuma is individually sized and shaped for a safe and natural look and feel. It’s inserted through an incision in the scrotal area, then slid down over the shaft under the skin.
There are no incisions or scarring on the penile skin.
The Penuma implant is designed to increase the girth and flaccid length of the penis without affecting its sensation or functions, including erections and ejaculation.
The procedure is done under general anesthesia in an outpatient surgery center. It takes about 45-60 minutes.
Afterward, patients can go home the same day. You will need to avoid sex for at least 6 to 8 weeks, but most patients say it’s worth it!
Please note that individual results will vary, and the healing period can be different for every patient. All possible risks, complications, benefits, and alternatives, including no surgery, will be discussed in detail before any surgical procedure.
What Are the Benefits of Penuma Over Other Options?
Penuma is an FDA-cleared penile implant that is designed to provide cosmetic enhancement to the penis. Benefits include:
- Short outpatient procedure
- Natural-looking and feeling design
- Potential to increase flaccid length and girth of the penis by 1 to 2 inches on average, based on historical averages (individual results may vary)
- Shape and size customized for each patient
- Designed to be permanent (but reversible)
- No reported changes in erections, ejaculation, or sensation in a published, multi-year study
- Low adverse event rates on par with other silicone implants
- No interference with the urethra
- Manufactured in the US by an ISO-certified, FDA-registered facility
How Much Does Penuma Cost?
The procedure costs $16,000 to $18,000, depending on the clinic selected.
As an elective procedure, Penuma penile augmentation surgery is not covered by insurance. That’s why we accept a variety of payment options, including flexible financing in some clinics.
What’s the Problem with Fat and Gel Injections?
Men may try fat or gel injections because they promise a quick fix and less downtime. They might also feel that injections are less drastic than an incision and implant.
After all, injections are advertised as a “lunch time” treatment due to how quickly they can be given and the fact that you can be back to work immediately after.
Unfortunately, many men have fallen for the promise of convenience and regretted it, and with good reason. The possible side effects of fillers can be serious and lifelong – side effects like deformities, severe scarring, loss of sensation, and more.
In fact, fillers are not fully medically cleared for penis enlargement. They’re still considered experimental, and fat injections are actively discouraged by the American Urological Association.
Of course, not all results are traumatic. But even with acceptable results, there are some facts about filler injections that you should be aware of before you consider them:
- They may be absorbed into your body. Uneven absorption can leave you misshapen, causing an abnormal curvature, shape, or unattractive and uncomfortable lumps.
- Possible side effects also include damaged blood vessels and nerves, leading to erectile dysfunction (ED) or loss of sensation.
- The filler can shift, affecting your shape.
- Acrylic fillers (PMMA) have a high rate of complications including nodules, hard ridges, and indentations on your penis.
- Positive results are not long term, and may only last 6 months to 2 years.
- Fillers may not be reversible, depending on the type of filler.
- And it bears repeating that they are not FDA-cleared or FDA-approved for penile use.
By contrast, Penuma has been a successful penis enlargement option for thousands of men and their partners. It can provide significant results and can be life-changing. Why take a chance with fat injections and other fillers?
If you’re not happy with the appearance or size of your penis, that feeling of insecurity can affect your sex life and relationships. Penuma could give you the confidence to be intimate again.
The Penuma procedure is provided across the country. To find a clinic or one of our highly experienced physicians, please use the find a physician tool.